Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Remember that band Nirvana?

Yeah, me too. I heard they broke up. Like issues with the lead singer or something.

Hey. Thanks to everyone who came to the show at Juvie Hall Saturday. You laughed. We built a staircase. Somewhere, geese migrated. Seriously though, thank you.

In other news, we're constructing a website. So git riddy. It's gonna be in color.

More news? Sure. The next Cleanest River staircase building exposition is scheduled for New Year's eve(ening) at RiFiFi with Slightly Known People and some other hooligans. Bring a stenographer notepad, biatchhh.

Let's do even more news. Jake's in a wheelchair! I know...I know, but calm down. It's nothing serious. He was ice skating on the roof of his apartment, became awestruck by a gaggle of migrating geese in the sky above and skated off the ice into a heap of discarded sheet metal. All this caused a broken tibia. Shit monster! Fortunately, the doctors say he can be back up and skating again by this weekend. Seems fast, huh? Science is straight bomb.

Say, what are some of your favorite songs that use the word "dance" at least three times in their titles? My number one is definitely "Dance, Dance, Dance" by Steve Miller Band. That's the songwriting level Nirvana had the potential to reach. We're talking about a group that could have been the next Steve Miller Band. And now they've broken up. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.

Put yo hands in the air,

Ed Tercer

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, duder, my song's only gotten one "dance" up for consideration, and I can't for the life of me remember the damn name of the song, from the 80's- "Never going dance again. Guilty feet ain't got no rhythm." Heard it in a laudromat in the freezing cold a week ago. Watched all the po' folk putting in their quarters-one, two, three, twenty-four. 24 quarters for the big washers.
"You can do all your laundry in there," some guy who made change for me said. "I had to put a twenty in that change machine," he added. "I don't know what to do with all of these damn quarters now. I've only got to use the 24. What do I do with the 56 others?"
"I don't know. Have a free for all. Throw them on the floor. See which ways they go and just chase them."
"Most of them would go under the washers, and I'd never find them again."
"That happens a lot these days," I say.
"To socks, yeah."
"No, not to socks, just to everything."
He knows nothing about Nirvana, either the band or the state. Then again, I don't know that for sure because I don't ask him.
It's too expensive at this laudromat, and I think how sick it is that the folks who need the laudromats have to pay $5 a load to wash and dry there Goodwill plaid.
There isn't really anything funny about it, but as I leave, hauling all of my shit out with me, someone laughs. And, I think how ironic it is, and it makes me want to watch "My Life Without Me" and believe in the importance of laudromats again. The song isn't playing when I leave, and I still don't know the name of it, and there was only one dance and not three. But, hey, at least there was a dance at all.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Jake-Up said...

Miles Patrick...you crazy!

I guess..

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home